Never underestimate the vanilla bean. It might look like a wallflower, but truth be told, it’s the belle of the ball! The proof is in these super moist Vanilla Bean Muffins!
You know, I’m a chocolate kind of girl. I always have been, and probably always will be. But once in a while, the vanilla side of me comes out, and I have to satisfy that hunger. My younger self would recoil in horror if I would have known that someday I would love vanilla, but my older self has no qualms in indulging in the world of the vanilla bean, especially when it comes to these Vanilla Bean muffins!
I know. Vanilla. You might be thinking “boring”.. but honestly, it’s good to have a quick go-to recipe for when you’re thinking of something sweet, yet easy to throw together with simple ingredients that most likely are in your pantry right now! These muffins are so moist and buttery, with vanilla seeds sprinkled throughout each crumb. A simple glaze adds just a little sweetness, and keeps the muffins soft for days!
Life is good. It’s a “It just doesn’t get any more vanilla than this!” kind of good.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Seeds scraped from one vanilla bean
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Seeds from ½ vanilla bean
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar and egg until light and fluffy. Add the milk, butter, vanilla, and seeds from the vanilla bean. Mix until thoroughly combined. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour to the sugar mixture, and beat on high for about three minutes, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl every minute or so.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into prepared cupcake tins. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Let cool for about ½ hour, but glaze them when they are still semi warm.
- These will keep in a covered container for about three days out on the counter, or for about a week in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, water, vanilla extract, and vanilla seeds. Stir until smooth.