I’ve always been a daydreamer. I dream about a lot of different things…some of those dreams I keep just for me because I know that they’re just fanciful and unrealistic…you know, like the knight in shining armor kind of thing…I think a girl can dream, can’t she? But the rest of my dreams? I’ll talk about them all day long…
1. Like this kitchen. This. Kitchen. I think my life would be complete.
2. This salad. Nothing unrealistic about this. And it’s going to happen at my house this weekend.
3. I’m thinking I could live here. Happily Ever After.
4. Somebody please come and plant this garden in my yard!
5. I think pink is going to be my color of the year. Yeah. Most definitely pink.
6. Someday I would like someone to bring me breakfast in bed.
7. Ramen. And that’s all I have to say about that.
8. And I’ll always end with dessert...
I’m guessing that a lot of you have had to deal with the snow that I’m dealing with right now. Okay, I say that I have been dealing with it, but what I’ve been doing for the last couple of days is working from home, all cozy and warm at my kitchen island. I haven’t stepped out of the house once since the snow started. I feel like I should feel guilty about that, but somehow I don’t! It sure feels like this snow is going to last forever, but we all know that it’s short lived this time of year. I have 15 inches of snow in my driveway today, and tomorrow, it could be 70 degrees and sunny!
Even though winter is short lived, I can’t still help but feel like spring can’t come soon enough. I’m already planning to start planting my herbs. Now, I usually just buy the plants and put them into the ground in the spring, but I’m thinking I might start some from seed this year. I’m not sure what compels me to do that, but I think that’s what I want to do. I do know that I’m ready to get my hands dirty, and into the ground. Just me, my daydreams, and the earth. Life is good.
Tell me, how do you grow your herbs?