Mother’s Day is just a week away, and do I have a wonderful surprise for you!
My friends at Le Creuset want to give one of my readers a cake stand, a teapot, and two bistro mugs!
I’m thinking about dessert for Mother’s Day, and I know that my family will love this ice cream cake!
Super easy to assemble, the outer edges of ice cream sandwiches hold a triple layer of cookies and cream ice cream, strawberry ice cream, and chocolate ice cream, all separated with crumbled oreo cookies! Dollops of sweet whipped cream hold my favorite part of any sundae… the cherry on top! The perfect dessert for your special day!
What would you serve on this pretty cake stand if you won?
Simply use the Rafflecopter below to enter! a Rafflecopter giveaway For USA residents only! Good luck!
Happy Mother’s Day!
- 6 chocolate ice cream sandwiches
- 6 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
- 1 quart cookies and cream ice cream
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 14 oz pkg Oreo Cookies, crushed and divided into thirds
- Whipped Cream
- Maraschino Cherries
- You will need:
- " springform pan, the sides lined with a long strip of parchment paper.
- Remove the ice cream from your freezer, and let sit at room temperature about 10 minutes so that it is soft enough to spread in the pan. Keep the ice cream sandwiches frozen until ready to cut so that they are easy to cut. If you let them soften, the ice cream will spill out of the sides of the sandwich!
- Cut each ice cream sandwich in half lengthwise (the long way), and cut those strips of ice cream sandwiches in half. Begin lining the inside edge of the springform pan along the parchment paper, alternating the vanilla and chocolate pieces until the whole inner edge of the pan is covered.
- Spread one third of the Oreo cookies into the bottom of the pan.
- Starting with the cookies and cream ice cream, spoon over the first layer of Oreo cookies, and spread right to the edge of the ice cream sandwich quarters.
- Spread one third of the Oreo cookies over the cookies and cream ice cream.
- The next layer of ice cream is strawberry. Spread over the second layer of Oreo cookies.
- Spread one third of the Oreo cookies over the strawberry ice cream.
- The final layer of ice cream is chocolate. Spread over the third layer of Oreo cookies.
- Freeze for at least two hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer, and remove the outer edge of the springform pan. Carefully peel the parchment paper off of the cake. Pipe dollops of whipped cream around the top edge of the cake. Top the whipped cream with sprinkles, and toss some of the sprinkles around the sides of the cake. To the whipped cream and sprinkles with a maraschino cherry.
- Serve immediately. Freeze any leftovers!