Looking for something really chocolatey? This quick and easy Chocolate Loaf Cake recipe is exactly what you need!
I think you know me. I think you know my love for cake. At least I think you do, because I announce it pretty much on a daily basis! And, by now, I think you know that I’m all about quick and easy too. Not because I want to be in and out of my kitchen quickly, but I am so strapped for time lately that “quick and easy” has become my own personal repertoire. And that’s with everything, especially cake.
So, this moist, rich, chocolatey perfection is the cake to make when you want something delicious, but are limited on time and/or motivation to bake a full on chocolate cake.
I know. This cake isn’t loaded with frosting and sprinkles like I normally require, but I promise it fulfills everything that I believe in when it comes to cake! It’s filled with chocolate chips that melt throughout the whole cake and make so very very moist, that honestly? You won’t miss the frosting. And sprinkles? Well, the chopped pecans bring a perfect nuttiness, that helps to balance out the deep chocolate flavor of this cake.
I promise. You will love this one!
Life is good. It’s a “A tall glass of cold milk and a warm slice of chocolate cake, makes a good day even better…” kind of good.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 softened stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Combine the sour cream, butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat on high until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, salt, flour and cocoa powder, and add to the sour cream mixture, beating on low until fully incorporated, and increase the speed to high, and beat for about three minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl often. Stir the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, top with the chopped pecans. Bake for about one hour, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Run a knife around the sides of the pan, and remove the loaf.
- Eat warm, or enjoy cooled!